This is about Stacie and Tom's life together in Marquette, Michigan. We moved here in September 2001 with no jobs, and no place to live (except hotels, lol). We love it up here, and in each post you'll read new and old stories about us!

Sunday, July 31, 2005

nature walk~ nice stroll or death trap? you decide.

So, my dad come up to visit this weekend. He got here Sunday morning and we went to Art on the Rocks/The Outback. Kind of a thing we do each year. Anyways, after that we grilled some brats and drank some beer, it was soo cotton-pickin hot that we stayed in the house for most of the day. When it finally began to cool down, my dad and I went for a walk with Perry. We just took a walk up the road by our house to Silver Creek (not even a mile away). So, we got to the creek and just kept walking up the hill (a paved and used road). THEN! Up to the left of us, we heard a rustling in the woods, less than 200 hundred feet away. I first thought it was just a deer coming through. My dad says "uh-oh, it's a bear! Look up in the tree, there's the cub. We'd better turn around." He was pretty calm as he said this so I wasn't totally alarmed with fear yet.
We had already turned around and took a few steps when the mother bear sounded like she was coming closer~ rustling through the trees. We had the puppy with us and I can't believe he didn't get a whiff of what was coming at us- he had no clue. Well, I turned around a few times to see if she came out of the woods charging. But luckily, she didn't. We made it home safe.

That's it, that's the story. Not as good an ending as you would think, right? But, I did a good job of building the suspense, don't ya think?

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannut said...

Scary! Especially since that woman in Northern Minnesota was just attacked by a bear! I think you're suppose to punch a bear in the nose if they attack you. I frequently run through the list of animals and the best strategy to not get yourself killed, but I always forget. I know for cat-like animals you act all big...maybe you Yoopers should remind us!

5:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home